Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wish List

I woke up early this morning (after going to bed late) hoping to snag a free totally awesome Sprocket Rocket camera from the Lomo store in London because of this tweet:

I was ready. I went to Liverpool Street. I bought Time Out London. I went to get the Sprocket Rocket.
Which looks like this.

But sadly, I got there and was two minutes behind some bloke who took the last one. So naturally, after some coffee and a nice walk, I came back home and googled all the things that I want and can't have. I ended up with a super-handy shopping list, you know, in case you're stumped on what to get your photographer friends *cough* for Christma-hannu-kwanza-kah. No pressure.  Seriously.
(after the jump!)


Exhibit A: The SLR Sloop a sweet awesome-looking camera bag from photojojo.com

Why does this person need to carry that much gear around? I'm not sure. But their bag is radical.

Exhibit B: also from Photojojo, the Camera Lens Mug, because that is seriously the single most nerdy/fantastic drinking vessel ever. Plus it's available in both Nikon and Canon models. Even though Nikon sucks.



Last but not least, this/these may be the high-ticket item on this short list, but a LensBaby under the Christmas tree would make any budding photographer do a victory lap around the house. Available for a variety of effects, the different LensBabies bend and swivel to help achieve a range of focal variations and tilt-shift effects, without the need of an actual tilt-shift lens. It's not exactly a replacement, but the effects are brilliant.

Santa lensBaby.
Check out Chris Milk's 42-second video about an entire lifetime (all shot with LensBabies):


Last Day Dream from Chris Milk on Vimeo.

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Isa:
    I am in Rotterdam and my helper (Black Pete) just handed me your letter... I just wanted to make sure you know I received it and you will find these and other photo related items under your Xmas tree up there in the mountains.
    Keep being a good egg.
    your friend,
    Sinterklass

    ReplyDelete